Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Meetings in Hawaii

Dear friends and family,

It's been quite the adventure thus far. I do understand that this is nothing compared to our adventures in Yap. This morning, at 5:30 am, we hiked up Diamond Head. It was so beautiful. I have not fully adjusted to the time change, but who cares because we are about to have a twenty hour difference from Hawaii.

Tonight we went shopping at Walmart and the place was packed with humans. Yes, we even saw "walmartians". I couldn't believe my eyes. People were grabbing items off the shelf left and right! We have two tropical storms coming, so everyone is getting food, laundry detergent, water, and anything else you can think of. We are praying that we can leave here on time.

We haven't done much more than sit in meetings all day. Don't worry, they are quite helpful. Not to mention the fact that i've been sleeping through most of them! Tell me why I chose to sit in the front row on day two when I was still exhausted? Oh well!

The group going to Yap is so awesome. We can't wait to get there and start this adventure. I found out that I will be teaching Math and Science for High School. Yay!! I'm actually excited about that. I'm so excited to have students. Although I'm completely responsible for their knowledge, I know that I will be entirely unsuccessful without God by my side. We are going to make an awesome team. It makes me so happy to know that God will use me to teach these kids in an educational aspect and teach them who God is. I can't believe that I'm blessed with this opportunity.

I will try to blog as often as possible. Maybe once a week or so. Ah, maybe once a month (joking). Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

P.S. I miss you Mom, Dad, Omar, and Austin <3

Love,

Ivana

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ivana! So nice to hear that all is going well and that God is blessing you.
    We pray for you and think of you often. We eagerly look for updated messages from you. Much Love, Tia Maggie, William and Mari.

    ReplyDelete